It is almost Easter and that means it’s time to decorate Easter Eggs! Join Hillary as she explores different ways to dye eggs with materials found around the house! How to Make Speckled Eggs Supplies Sandwich Size (or larger) Zip Lock Bag 1/2 Cup Uncooked Rice Food Coloring Boiled Eggs Instructions Pour rice into zip…
Published on April 9, 2020
It is almost Easter and that means it’s time to decorate Easter Eggs! Join Hillary as she explores different ways to dye eggs with materials found around the house!
How to Make Speckled Eggs
- Sandwich Size (or larger) Zip Lock Bag
- 1/2 Cup Uncooked Rice
- Food Coloring
- Boiled Eggs
- Pour rice into zip lock bag.
- Squeeze 3 to 4 drops of food coloring in bag.
- Seal bag. Make sure it is completely closed!
- Shake closed bag to allow color to dye all pieces of rice.
- Open bag and place boiled egg inside. Seal bag again.
- Gently roll around the egg in the dyed rice for 10 seconds. (Can you count to 10? Can you count down backwards from 10? Can you count to 10 in a different language?)
- Take egg out and let dry completely.
- Optional: If you’d like to dye your egg using more than one color, repeat steps 5-8 in another bag of dyed rice! Make sure the egg is completely dry when you put it into the new bag.
How to Make Tie-Dye Eggs
- Coffee Filters
- Washable Markers
- Rubber Bands OR String
- Acidic Solution (Distilled Vinegar, Lemon Juice)
- Boiled Eggs
- Fold coffee filter in half.
- Color in large sections on filter with washable markers. (Make sure the color bleeds through to the other side of the filter!)
- Open filter and place boiled egg in the center.
- Gather filter around egg.
- Secure with rubber band or string.
- Using a paintbrush, brush your acidic solution onto the outside of the filter.
- Let dry completely! Open the filter and reveal your tie-dyed egg!
We can’t see what you create! Share your photos and videos on social media and use #playaheadblog