Christmas is coming! We can’t wait to celebrate the 87th year of Legendary Santa with you from Black Friday to Christmas Eve!
Families come from across the country and even across the ocean to take part in the magical tradition of seeing Legendary Santa. To ensure your family’s visit is the best it can be, here are some answers to frequently asked questions.
Have additional questions not answered in the FAQ? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you as soon as possible.
The Children’s Museum holds the right at any time during the Legendary Santa season to update any and all procedures for the safety of our team and guests.
How do I see Legendary Santa?
We are delighted to have the opportunity to offer in-person visits with Legendary Santa for the 2023 season. Legendary Santa visits must be reserved in advance through tickets available for purchase on our website starting on October 16, 2023 for Children’s Museum members and November 1, 2023 for non-members. Ticket links can be found here: https://www.childrensmuseumofrichmond.org/legendary-santa
When will tickets for timed visits go on sale?
Tickets for all of our paid experiences will go on sale at 9:00 AM on October 16, 2023 for Children’s Museum members and 9:00 AM on November 1, 2023 for non-members. Please follow our Legendary Santa Facebook page or join our mailing list [sign up using the form at the bottom of this page] for updates.
Note: Members of the Children’s Museum of Richmond will receive first access to ticket sales.
Ticket links can be found here: https://www.childrensmuseumofrichmond.org/legendary-santa/
How do I reserve tickets as a member of the Children’s Museum?
To purchase your early access Legendary Santa tickets, please make sure you have completed the following steps to create an account:
1. Visit our online ticketing portal by clicking here.
2. In the pop-up window, click the link that says, “Create an account,” or click the red “Create Account” button at the top of the web page.
3. On the new page, complete the web form with your contact information, including your name, address, phone number, and the email associated with your membership. Note: The email address you used to purchase your membership is the email you must use for your account set-up.
4. Choose a password for your account.
5. Click the red “Create Account” button at the bottom of the form.
6. You will be directed to a “Thank you for registering” webpage, and account creation is complete.
You must log in to this account to purchase members-only Legendary Santa tickets when they go on sale on Monday, October 16 at 9 am. Please note, members can purchase a maximum of two family tickets. Each ticket is valid for six people, children under one are not counted.
What types of tickets are there?
There are two timed ticket package options available for in-person visits with Legendary Santa, each include 1 free emailed photo. Virtual visits with Legendary Santa will also be available. All tickets must be purchased in advance on our website. There will be no possibility to walk in and wait in line to visit with Santa. One timed ticket includes a visit with Legendary Santa for up to 6 individuals. If you have more than 6 individuals in your party, you will need to book an additional ticket for the same 10-minute window of time. This will ensure that all members of your party will enter Santa Land during the same window of time.
Please note: Children under 1 are not included in your group’s total head-count.
- Legendary Santa Chimney Time Tickets – Timed tickets to see Legendary Santa come down the chimney LIVE are just $65. One timed ticket includes a visit with Legendary Santa for up to 6 individuals AND 1 free emailed photo of your visit with Legendary Santa.
- Legendary Santa Visit Tickets – Timed tickets to visit with Legendary Santa are just $30. One ticket includes a visit with Legendary Santa for up to 6 individuals AND 1 free emailed photo of your visit with Legendary Santa.
- Virtual Visit with Legendary Santa Ticket Package – Tickets for a LIVE personalized virtual visit with Legendary Santa are $35. One virtual visit ticket includes a ten-minute virtual visit with Legendary Santa for up to six individuals. The visit will include personalized details related to the children in your party.
What are the general policies for Legendary Santa tickets?
All ticket packages are non-refundable and non-transferable. The Children’s Museum holds the right at any time during the Legendary Santa season to update any and all procedures for the safety of our team and guests.
Are ticket discounts available?
Discounted tickets will be available for our scholarship membership families as well as for families who present their SNAP EBT card, EBT App, or WIC card. Please use the code SMFA at checkout to receive your discount.
What if I need a refund?
All ticket packages are non-refundable.
Will the Fawn Shop be available?
Yes, the Fawn Shop will be open! The Fawn Shop is at the Children’s Museum Downtown from the day after Thanksgiving through Christmas Eve and allows children to go shopping by themselves for parents, siblings, teachers, grandparents, caregivers, and even pets!
Will the Holiday Village be open?
The Holiday Village will be available to view in the Lobby and will feature an “I-Spy” experience. Children can explore six different festivals celebrated during this time of year: Christmas, Diwali, Eid, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, and Lunar New Year, all presented through a series of “Fan-style” houses that feature the symbols, traditions, and customs that enrich the holiday season in our own communities and around the world.
Will Tea with Santa at the Hilton Richmond Downtown be offered this year?
The Children’s Museum and Hilton Richmond Downtown are in communication about the possibility of offering Tea with Santa during the 2023 season and will share an update as soon as possible.
What will my in-person visit with Legendary Santa look like this year?
Your visit will be as full of Santa magic as ever before!
- First, you will purchase a timed ticket on our website for a 10-minute window of time to enter Santa Land, visit with the Snow Queen, and wait your turn to visit with Legendary Santa. You should arrive 10 minutes prior to your ticket time.
- Ten minutes before your ticket time, you will enter the Children’s Museum. You may wait briefly in the Museum lobby while socially distanced from other guests. *If you have purchased a chimney time ticket, you will then be ushered into Santa Land where you will watch as Legendary Santa comes down the chimney before proceeding to step 3.
- You will be ushered into Santa Land where you may wait briefly before your turn to visit with the Snow Queen.
- Your party will visit with the Snow Queen.
- After your visit with the Snow Queen, Santa will call you over to see him.
- Santa’s Elf will assist you and your family as you pose for your photo with Legendary Santa.
- The photographer will then invite you to pose for your photo. You will be able to instantly view the photo taken via a large digital screen within the room.
- You will talk with Santa, having the opportunity to tell him what you want for Christmas.
- You will exit Santa Land and proceed to the cashiers’ desk, located in the Museum Lobby. Here you will select your photo, provide an email address for your free digital copy of the photo, and purchase any additional poses or printed photos.
- Once your photo selections have been made, you will exit the Museum with wonderful memories of your visit with Legendary Santa!
Can my child sit on Santa’s lap?
At this time, we fully anticipate that your child may sit on Legendary Santa’s lap. If needed, please ask Santa’s Elf for assistance when posing for your photo.
If I have a question or need assistance, what should I do?
Please note that phone calls may not be answered or returned immediately. The best way to reach us will be via email: email@example.com. We appreciate your patience.