Christmas is coming! We can’t wait to celebrate the 85th year of Legendary Santa with you!
Families come from across the country and even across the ocean to take part in the magical tradition of seeing Legendary Santa. To ensure your family’s visit is the best it can be, here are some answers to frequently asked questions.
Have additional questions not answered in the FAQ? Please email Santa@CMoRVA.org and we will assist you as soon as possible.
The Children’s Museum holds the right at any time during the Legendary Santa season to update any and all procedures for the safety of our team and guests.
When will tickets for timed visits and virtual visits go on sale?
Tickets for all of our paid experiences will go on sale in on October 18, 2021 for Children’s Museum members and November 1, 2021 for non-members. Please follow our Legendary Santa Facebook page or join our mailing list [sign up using the form at the bottom of this page] for updates.
Note: Members of the Children’s Museum of Richmond will receive first access to ticket sales.
How do I see Legendary Santa?
We are delighted to have the opportunity to offer both in-person and virtual visits with Legendary Santa for the 2021 season. This year, Legendary Santa visits can be reserved in advance through tickets available for purchase on our website starting on October 18, 2021 for Children’s Museum members and November 1, 2021 for non-members.
What types of tickets are there?
There are multiple ticket packages including in-person and virtual options.
What are the general policies for Legendary Santa tickets?
All ticket packages are non-refundable and non-transferable. The Children’s Museum holds the right at any time during the Legendary Santa season to update any and all procedures for the safety of our team and guests.
What are the In-Person ticket package options?
There are two timed ticket package options available for in-person visits with Legendary Santa. All tickets must be purchased in advance on our website. There will be no possibility to walk in and wait in line to visit with Santa, as there has been in previous years. One timed ticket includes a visit with Legendary Santa for up to 6 individuals. If you have more than 6 individuals in your party, you will need to book an additional ticket for the same 10-minute window of time. This will ensure that all members of your party will enter Santa Land during the same window of time.
Please note: Children under 1 are not included in your group’s total head-count.
- Legendary Santa Chimney Time Tickets – Timed tickets to see Legendary Santa come down the chimney LIVE are just $65. One timed ticket includes a visit with Legendary Santa for up to 6 individuals AND 1 free emailed photo of your visit with Legendary Santa.
- Legendary Santa Visit Tickets – Timed tickets to visit with Legendary Santa are just $30. One ticket includes a visit with Legendary Santa for up to 6 individuals AND 1 free emailed photo of your visit with Legendary Santa.
What are the Virtual ticket package options?
Virtual Visit with Legendary Santa Ticket Package – Tickets for a LIVE personalized virtual visit with Legendary Santa are $35. One virtual visit ticket includes a ten-minute virtual visit with Legendary Santa for up to six individuals. The visit will include personalized details related to the children in your party.
Are ticket discounts available?
Discounted tickets will be available for our scholarship membership families as well as for families who present their SNAP EBT card, EBT App, or WIC card. Please use the code SMFA at checkout to receive your discount.
When will tickets be available?
Tickets will be available for purchase by Children’s Museum of Richmond members only on October 18. Tickets will be available for purchase by the general public following the ticket release to members on November 1. Tickets may be purchased on the Children’s Museum website.
Do I have to purchase a ticket to visit with Legendary Santa?
To help limit capacity and keep our visitors safe, a ticket to visit with Legendary Santa is required this year.
The Children’s Museum of Richmond is a 501c3 not-for-profit organization that is still recovering from the significant financial impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. Purchasing a timed ticket to visit with Legendary Santa supports our mission to inspire growth in all children by engaging families in learning through play.
What if I need a refund?
All ticket packages are non-refundable. In the event of a pandemic-related Children’s Museum of Richmond/Legendary Santa closure, we will make every effort to transfer all reserved in-person tickets to live or prerecorded virtual visits.
Will the Fawn Shop be available?
Yes, the Fawn Shop will be open this year! The Fawn Shop is at the Children’s Museum Downtown from the day after Thanksgiving through Christmas Eve and allows children to go shopping by themselves for mom, dad, and everyone else in the family.
Will the Holiday Village be open?
The Holiday Village will be available to view in the Lobby and will feature a contactless “I-Spy” experience. Children can explore six different festivals celebrated during this time of year: Christmas, Diwali, Eid, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, and Lunar New Year, all presented through a series of “Fan-style” houses that feature the symbols, traditions, and customs that enrich the holiday season in our own communities and around the world
Will Tea with Santa at the Hilton Richmond Downtown be offered this year?
The Hilton Richmond Downtown will not offer Tea with Santa this year.
What will my in-person visit with Legendary Santa look like this year?
Your visit will be as full of Santa magic as ever before!
- First, you will purchase a timed ticket on our website for a 10-minute window of time. You should arrive 10 minutes prior to your ticket time.
- Ten minutes before your ticket time, you will enter the Children’s Museum. You may wait briefly in the Museum lobby while socially distanced from other guests. *If you have purchased a chimney time ticket, you will then be ushered into Santa Land where you will watch as Legendary Santa comes down the chimney before proceeding to step 3.
- You will be ushered into Santa Land where you may wait briefly before your turn to visit with the Snow Queen.
- Your party will visit with the Snow Queen. The Snow Queen will be wearing will be seated behind a protective plexiglass panel.
- After your visit with the Snow Queen, Santa will call you over to see him. Santa will be seated in his chair behind a protective plexiglass panel.
- A Stage Manager will ask your group to sit on the bench placed in front of the protective Plexiglass.
- The photographer will then invite you to pose for your photo. You will be able to briefly remove your mask only while seated on the bench for your photo with Legendary Santa. You will be able to instantly view the photo taken via a large digital screen within the room. Masks must be worn at all times while not guests are not actively taking a photo with Santa.
- You will talk with Santa, having the opportunity to tell him what you want for Christmas.
- You will exit Santa Land and proceed to the cashiers’ desk, located in the Museum Lobby. Here you will select your photo, provide an email address for your free digital copy of the photo, and purchase any additional poses or printed photos.
- Once your photo selections have been made, you will exit the Museum with wonderful memories of your visit with Legendary Santa!
Do I have to wear a face mask?
Yes. All guests aged 5 and older are required to wear a face mask covering their nose and mouth. A mask is strongly encouraged for children over age 3. Masks may only be removed while seated on the bench to take a photo with Legendary Santa. When your photos are complete, masks must immediately be put back on.
Can my child sit on Santa’s lap?
Legendary Santa will be seated in his chair behind a protective plexiglass panel. Guests will be seated on a bench in front of Legendary Santa’s plexiglass panel, and will not be able to sit on his lap.
What will my photo look like?
The Legendary Santa team has been hard at work to ensure that your photo with Legendary Santa will be a positive addition (or start) to your collection. Photos with the plexiglass panel have been tested to ensure that you will receive the highest quality photo possible of your visit with Legendary Santa!
If I have a question or need assistance, what should I do?
Please note that phone calls may not be answered or returned immediately. The best way to reach us will be via email: Santa@CMoRVA.org. We appreciate your patience.