Saturday April 4 | 9:30 am-1:00 pm
The Children’s Museum’s Downtown is hosting a FREE ‘One-Stop’ resource fair to help you and your child prepare for Kindergarten Registration!
Learn more about what you need for Kindergarten Registration, get your library card, and participate in fun, educational readiness activities. Lots of community experts will be on site to help you and your rising kindergartner! Parents will have the opportunity to attend an expert panel while children experience a kindergarten classroom simulation to see what going to school will be like. PLUS- everyone gets to hop on a real school bus!
Parents’ Forum Panel:
- Children’s Museum
- Collegiate School
- YWCA Sprout School
- Chesterfield County Public Library (Tip: Register for a library card!)
- Children’s Hospital of Richmond at VCU (Tip: Pick up all of the health forms you’ll need to register your kindergartner. You can even schedule a physical!)
- Children’s Museum Book Bank (Tip: Every rising kindergartner receives 5 free books during the event!)
- Children’s Museum Living Lab (Tip: Learn from a Virginia Commonwealth University Doctoral Student about how play positively effects your child’s learning!)
- Department of Motor Vehicles (Tip: Register your child for a Child ID)
- Henrico County Public Library (Tip: Register for a library card!)
- MEDARVA (Tip: MEDARVA will be providing free eye screenings!)
- Richmond City Public Library (Tip: Register for a library card!)
- Spencer Dental (Tip: Spencer Dental will be providing FREE oral check-ups for rising kindergartners during the event!)
Want FREE admission to the Children’s Museum? Complete the following five activities and receive free admission for your rising kindergartner and one adult.
- Attend the Parent’s Forum Panel
- Have your child participate in a Kindergarten Classroom Simulation
- Hop on the School Bus
- Stop by a Literacy Station (Library or Children’s Museum Book Bank)
- Stop by a Health Station (Children’s Hospital of Richmond at VCU or Spencer Dental)