Do you know a High School Junior that demonstrates creativity and acts as a role model for all children, regardless of their age, ability, or background? The Children’s Museum is currently accepting applications for its 2020 Snow Queen Scholarship. To be eligible, Snow Queen applicants must be current High School Juniors during the 2019-2020 school year, demonstrate balance between extracurricular activities, academics, and community service, and be able to make public appearances as Snow Queen between January 2020-January 2021, as scheduled by the Children’s Museum.
Deadline to apply: November 1, 2019 at 5pm
Please follow instructions to complete the online application below. Incomplete applications as of 5pm on Friday, November 1, 2019 will not be considered.
The Children's Museum exists to inspire growth in all children by engaging families in learning through play.
In following with that mission, the Children's Museum is looking for a snow Queen who will:
- Serve as a role model through her character and commitment to the museum's mission of inspiring creativity and individuality.
- Extend her character's relevance and impact beyond the holidays
Snow Queen Criteria:
- Must have a passion for working with children of all ages, abilities, and backgrounds.
- Have demonstrated creativity in her own life.
- Can volunteer at least 50 hours as Snow Queen for the Children's Museum during her reigning year (as scheduled by the Children's Museum), through January 2020.
- Snow Queen Interviews: November 11-15, 2019
- Snow Queen Coronation and Meet & Greet: January 11, 2020
- Reading Month: One Saturday in March of 2020
- Down on the Farm Day: June 6, 2020
- Santa Teas: Select Dates in December 2020
- Dominion Christmas Parade: Morning of December 5, 2020
- 2021 Snow Queen Coronation: Saturday (TBD) of January 2021
- Make public appearances as Snow Queen for the Children's Museum at all four locations, in addition to off-site museum events during her reigning year (as scheduled by the Children's Museum)
- Show balance between extracurricular activities, academics, and community service
- Interest to pursue a career that would help promote the development and/or creativity of children
- Be a high school Junior during the 2019-2020 school year with anticipated graduation in Spring 2021
- Be in good academic standing
The Snow Queen Scholarship is $1,000.
Deadline to enter is 5:00PM November 1, 2019.
DOWNLOAD the PDF form below, fill it out, and send it to email@example.com.
To fill it out digitally, use the "fill and sign" option in Adobe Acrobat.