Visitor Experience Navigator – Downtown, Chesterfield, Short Pump & Fredericksburg locations
This part-time position is responsible for providing an enjoyable experience for guests in all areas of the museum. The ideal candidate must be outgoing and enthusiastic, and enjoy working with children and families. Customer service must be a priority. Major responsibilities include engaging and responding to guests and maintaining cleaning and safety protocols. Cross training in all public spaces and programs is required.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Providing a point-of-contact for guests
- Interacting with all visitors in a friendly, professional manner, with exemplary customer service delivery
- Responding to guest questions, concerns, and comments
- Dressing up as the Children's Museum mascot, Seymour the Dinosaur and participate in dance parties, story times and parades
- Facilitating activities for guest
- Guest safety and security
- Maintaining cleaning protocols including cleaning restrooms throughout the day, including but not limited to; emptying trash, sanitizing and cleaning exhibits throughout the day, mopping floors
- Encouraging and selling guest memberships
- Conducting the Children's Museum's Carousel (Downtown only)
- Performing front desk admissions duties
- Set up and break down of all birthday party rooms. Assisting birthday family throughout as needed (cross Training as a Party Programmer for qualified Associates). Weekend and occasional evening and holiday work required
Experience working in Customer Service. Experience working with children is ideal. Candidate must be flexible with an open schedule.
To apply for this position, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with"Downtown VEN - Your Name", "Chesterfield VEN - Your Name", "Short Pump VEN - Your Name", or "Fredericksburg VEN - Your Name" in the subject line.
Due to anticipated response, we regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.