Visitor Experience Navigator – Downtown, Chesterfield, Short Pump & Fredericksburg locations
This part-time position is responsible for providing an enjoyable experience for guests in all areas of the museum. The ideal candidate must be outgoing and enthusiastic, and enjoy working with children and families. Customer service must be a priority. Major responsibilities include engaging and responding to guests and maintaining cleaning and safety protocols. Cross training in all public spaces and programs is required.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Providing a point-of-contact for guests
- Interacting with all visitors in a friendly, professional manner, with exemplary customer service delivery
- Responding to guest questions, concerns, and comments
- Dressing up as the Children's Museum mascot, Seymour the Dinosaur and participate in dance parties, story times and parades
- Facilitating activities for guest
- Guest safety and security
- Maintaining cleaning protocols including cleaning restrooms throughout the day, including but not limited to; emptying trash, sanitizing and cleaning exhibits throughout the day, mopping floors
- Encouraging and selling guest memberships
- Conducting the Children's Museum's Carousel (Downtown only)
- Performing front desk admissions duties
- Set up and break down of all birthday party rooms. Assisting birthday family throughout as needed (cross Training as a Party Programmer for qualified Associates). Weekend and occasional evening and holiday work required
Experience working in Customer Service. Experience working with children is ideal. Candidate must be flexible with an open schedule.
To apply for this position, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with"Downtown VEN - Your Name", "Chesterfield GSA - Your Name", "Short Pump VEN - Your Name", or "Fredericksburg VEN - Your Name" in the subject line.
Minimum salary requirements must be included--listing salary history or a target range is also acceptable. Due to anticipated response, we regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Be part of the magic of Legendary Santa at the Children's Museum Downtown. We are now accepting applications for staff members supporting Legendary Santa.
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Maintain a cheerful and pleasant demeanor with all guests
- Remain knowledgeable of Legendary Santa events throughout the season
- Greet guests and regulate flow of guests through Santa Land
- Handle Cash
- Operate cash register
- Receive and process picture orders
- Must be flexible to work in various areas as needed
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Cashiers must have previous cash handling experience
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Experience working with children preferred
- Must be at least 18 years old
Shifts vary between 7AM and 9PM from November 23 – December 24. Staff can expect to work 15-40 hours per week.
To apply for this position, email your resume to email@example.com with "Legendary Santa Staff - Your Name" in the subject line.