Our Downtown location is searching for Play Guides for shifts Tuesday through Sunday. These part-time positions are responsible for providing a safe and enjoyable experience for guests in the museum. The ideal candidate should be outgoing and enthusiastic and enjoy working with children and families. Major responsibilities include sanitization of exhibits and the building, engaging and responding to guests and maintaining safety protocols. Masks and gloves will be provided.
Experience working in Customer Service, retail, or childcare/educational environment.
- Energized, enthusiastic, and focused on providing world-class customer service.
- Strong collaboration skills with peers, visitors, other staff, and volunteers.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Able to manage complexity in problem solving and arrive at appropriate solutions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to run a cash register.
- Ability to track and exchange money and handle cash quickly and accurately.
- Understanding of facilitated educational experiences in an informal setting is helpful.
- Weekend, evening and holiday work may be requested.
- Ability to stand, bend, or walk for extended periods of time and the ability to lift thirty pounds.
Please email your resume to email@example.com with “Downtown Play Guide” in the subject.
The Children’s Museum inspires growth in all children by engaging families in learning through play. At all locations of the Children’s Museum, we inspire growth by engaging families in the power of play, knowing that everyone can learn more—and learn better—when they play together.
The Children’s Museum is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, uniform service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by federal and/or state law. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $12 per hour