Book Bank FAQ

What books are needed?

The Children’s Museum accepts new and like-new donations of children’s books. Books should be “gift quality” and should not have any writing or damage.

Where can I drop off books?

Books can be dropped off at the Downtown location, located at 2626 West Broad Street. Please complete the online donation form before dropping off. Be sure to include the quantity of books donated. Arrangements may be made by contacting Joe Torrence at jtorrence@cmorva.org.

What materials/books are not accepted?

The Children’s Book Bank does not accept encyclopedias, school text books, books for adult readers, magazines, VHS tapes/DVDs/CDs or toys. We are not able to accept books that are very old, musty, damaged, dirty or written in (even names). Ask yourself if it is in good enough shape to be considered a “gift”.

Can I request the Book Buggy?

We are excited to have a new van to support community book events. Click here to request the Book Buggy and learn more.

How do I host a book drive for the Children’s Book Bank?

The Children’s Book Bank thrives on the generosity of the community. We welcome you to host a book drive at your school, club, organization, faith group, office, scout event, book group, team event, party, etc. Please let us know if you are planning to host a drive for us. We have supports and need to be able to plan for receiving books. Contact Joe Torrence at jtorrence@cmorva.org to coordinate.