Thank you for your interest in joining the Children’s Museum of Richmond’s (CM) Associate Board! The Associate Board exists to broaden the museum’s influence throughout the community by supporting its activities and promoting its interests. Before completing your application, please give careful thought to the requirements of a CM Associate Board member.
Each Associate Board member shall:
- Be an ambassador and advocate for CM’s mission: We inspire growth in all children by engaging families in learning through play.
- Attend /volunteer/ support Twilight Carniball, the museum’s signature fundraising event.
- Strive for exemplary attendance and participation at Associate Board & Committee meetings; each board member will serve on one committee.
- Make a contribution for annual and other board-approved campaigns at a level meaningful to me.
- Participate in a minimum of three volunteer related events/opportunities during the year. The application process is now open. Please complete and return to the museum no later than June 30, 2020.
- Applications can be e-mailed or mailed to:
- Children’s Museum of Richmond
Attn: Mary Beth Yates
2626 West Broad Street
Richmond, Virginia 23220
The application process includes an informal meeting with Associate Board representatives and CM staff in July. Individuals will be contacted to set a meeting time and applicants will be notified by the end of July should they be awarded a position. Thank you for considering membership on the CM Associate Board. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. Members of the CM Associate Board look forward to meeting with you.
— Amy Kelley, Chair & Alex Moore, Nominating Committee Chair
Please include a resume or brief bio with your application!
If selected for an in-person interview, please check what days/times in July would work best for you.